Thursday, December 11, 2008

Take Two

Well, I guess I was too fresh from Tuesday that my post yesterday was very negative. I will try it again here.

In spite of the complaints about the Christmas Tea, I had several people state that they enjoyed themselves. I am glad it could be a nice night out for them. We actually had some fabulous soup, salad and desserts. The soup came out of the kitchen on a clear plastic plate with salad around it like a wreath with a few tomatoes to adorn it as ornaments and a squirt of italian dressing, but generally looked like the following picture.

All the added stuff in the salad was placed on the tables I did and each hostess had the option of doing stuff like that. I also had some tea, coffee and water served. There was some spinach dip and chunks of bread(taken from the bread bowls!!) to snack on as well. We all shared desserts served at a center table and looked very pretty.
Also, a couple of my friend gave me some gifts as a thank you for inviting them(which is not necessary). One is some wonderful smelling, moisturizing soap. I wish I could post the scent. The other was this gorgeous tissue box cover. See, she lived in China for a time and picked up stuff to give as gifts in situations like this. I am just loving it. I am decorating somewhat Asian in my living room, and knowing that, she gave me the perfect gift to show off. The soap I will just have to let you smell me next time you see me!!(Bet you can't wait!)
Anyway, Life looks much better today. I am actually enjoying doing laundry, eating leftover soup, and playing with my kids. I haven't felt like this in a long time and am thoroughly enjoying my day of homemaking.
Well, that's just my take on the past few day's.




2 comments:

Lisa said...

I was amazed at how beautiful most of the tables were! And the desserts - yummmmmmy!

Brandi said...

I'm glad the desserts were good. I didn't make it up there. I had some brownies left over, though, so we've been snacking on those.

People do get creative with their tables. They are so different every year. It's a lot of fun, and Emily did a GREAT job.