Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Big Event


I am sorry to say that in all the hustle and bustle of the evening that I did not get as many pictures as I had liked. I hope to get some from a friend.



The evening was very hectic at first as I was still trying to put 3 tables together PLUS a small table for Shiloh. Sadly I did not get a good pic of her table but believe my friend did. This other pic I got of the girls watching the fashion show. They did so well sitting still for most of the night and behaved wonderfully. I am very proud of them.

There were many things that I overlooked and had a few grumbles and complaints. It was hard to go on as I got people that were upset with stuff talking to me as I was still trying to make things nice for my guests. Oh, well. God uses all things for good and I think I will learn a good thing or two from the evening. (Like not ever doing something like that again!!!) I just hope it brought glory to Him.

We had a devotional about what kind of ornament we might be in the body of Christ. Tarnished, broken, packaged...just to name a few. It really has me thinking. Then we did a fashion show with many fashion tips from my friend Lisa. (did you know a bra is only good for 100 wears/washings? And...AND...nylons are no longer "fashionable"?????) We had some good soup in bread bowls with some salad. We also had some great desserts.


There were several gentlemen that served our soup/salad/bread to us. They also helped with coffee, hot water and cold water for the table hostesses. This would not have happened without these men. A couple of them stayed until late in the evening to help put away tables and chairs and swept the floor for me. I am much in there debt.

This is a picture of my table. Bethany came, but is not there now. Also, my mom, LaDonna(across the table to the left) and Grandma, Ruth(hidden a bit on the left next to Mom), as well as friends Becky(seated closest on the left), Rhonda(directly in ahead across the table), and Michele(blond hair to the right).
Becky stayed until 11:00 helping me clean up. There were a couple of others that did that too. I am soo thankful. I would have been there till at least 2:00 if I had to do it myself.
So, it is over and I will find other things to do with my life, like spending time with my children and getting this house clean. I do have to go back to the church today to take care of the leftover soup!!! WOW! But first I have to wash all the dishes from all four tables and the many table cloths I used plus a couple that were left. A good friend is washing the dish towels for me. Thank God for such good friends. I am going to go have a good cry now.







2 comments:

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

I know you, and even though I wasn't there, I know you put your heart and soul into every bit. I don't doubt for a moment that the entire event was beautiful, the food was wonderful, and everyone had a good time.

*That whole "100 wears" bra thing, whatever lol. My bras cost between $40 and $50, so I wear mine until they fall the heck off loL!*

People who complain are the ones who would never undertake such an endeavor, so just do what I do in the face of a poopy person: smile and nod. Just smile :), and nod.

God is smiling and is proud of you, not only because of this tea, but of who you are as a woman and a mom. Rest well in that.

Love you my friend!

\IiiI

Lisa said...

I had a lovely time, Brandi, and so did both my girls and my guest! (Emily's too, I imagine!) You are an amazing woman to undertake all of that! I suggest you make a list of complainers and submit them for next year's coordinator. :-) Your devotional did touch my heart!