Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Recipes

Well, my friend wanted this recipe a while ago and being the scrooge that I am I have not been online much. So, hopefully it's not too late for you all to make this delicious tea. We call it Russian Tea.

In 12 cups of water, bring to a boil and steep 12 teabags.
OR, just add 1/4 cup of instant tea.

Then mix in
3 1/2 cups Orange Juice
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1 Large can of Pineapple Juice
2 Cinnamon Sticks
1 T. whole cloves
3/4 cups Sugar

Heat through. The smell will take you back to the holidays of your childhood! We let ours simmer all day and smell up the house.

Also, if you have any extra dried potato flakes lying around, my mother-in-law gave me a great recipe for rolls. I have made my own revisions in the method, but here it is.

Mix 1/2 cup water with 1 tsp. sugar, and a package (1T.) yeast. Let proof(it gets foamy on the top) for about 10min.

Mix in sep. bowl
2/3 cups sugar(less the 1 tsp. used above)
1-1/2 t. salt
2/3 c. soft shortening
2 eggs
1 cup lukewarm mashed potatoes
7 to 7-1/2 cups of flour

This recipe makes a TON of rolls. Mark and I like to roll the dough into circles and cut it like a pizza and roll like crescent rolls.

You bake them @ 400 degrees for 12-15 min.


Enjoy Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Brandi!
I'm making it as we speak. Or type? I also posted it on my blog.

Merry Christmas, friend!

Mich.