Wednesday, December 17, 2008

THE Party





Well, my husbands work had a formal Christmas party. I had to search for a dress and we bought him a suit. Of course, things like this always cost money. Hopefully it will not be so much next year because we will already have the suite. Guys can wear the same suite, cann't they? Well, I had to get my nails done, fancy shoes, new undergarments!!, and figure out how to do my hair.


I pulled it off with only one hitch. I brought the camera, but left the memory stick at home. We did not realize it until part way through the evening. The camera has an internal memory, but does not hold as much as I wanted.

Oh well. The food was great. Some roat beef, chicken with muchrooms, potatoes(very delish.), rice, stir fried veggies, veggie salad, and tossed salad. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. We also had some really good cake, too. And, you know how when you go out you're not quite sure how the coffee will taste? Well, it wasn't too bad at this place. It was great with the cake and warmed me up.


I know. You're thinking that had I been boogying on the dance floor I wouldn't have needed the coffee. Well, I DIDN'T. Mark did!!!



I had a great time talking with Marks co-workers and getting some homeschooling tips from his bosses wife. It was fun listening to some of the "awards" handed out, like work clown, who had the most dedication(the winner was NOT there), and stuff like that. We also had a great time watching Marks boss dance. He does breakdancing and some thing called the crocodile or aligator or something.

Anyway, we stayed at the hotel and enjoyed some quiet time without the kids. They stayed with my mom and dad. They had a good time there, but I was glad to see them again at church on Sunday where Shiloh had a part in a Christmas presentation. (She did GREAT, by the way!)

All in all, I'm glad it's over even though it was a good time. I'll know what to expect in the future if we go agian. I am also glad that Mark works with such a good group of people.

3 comments:

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

You look beautiful Brandi! Glad you had a good time :).

\IiiI

Lisa said...

Looks like a fun time! You guys look great!

Anonymous said...

It looks like a great time! How do you like your nails? I don't think I've ever seen you in black... you look very sophisticated!

Mich.